- kosher salt
- 1 lb. pasta
- extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 c. sage leaves
- Flaky sea salt
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 15-oz. can pumpkin purée
- 1/4 c. dry white wine
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp. unsalted butter, cut into slices and chilled
- 1/2 c. freshly grated Parmesan
- 1 c. sour cream
- Bring an 8-quart stock pot of water to a boil and generously season with salt. Cook pasta according to al dente package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a small skillet over medium-high heat add 4 to 5 tablespoon olive oil; when oil is hot but not smoking add dry sage leaves and fry 4 to 5 seconds until crispy. Transfer with a slotted spoon to a paper towel-lined plate. Sprinkle with sea salt; set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium heat sauté onions and garlic, about 1 minute. Add pumpkin and white wine and season with 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon black pepper; simmer for 5 minutes. Stir in cheese and butter until melted and creamy. Stir in sour cream and pasta until well coated.
- Garnish with fried sage leaves and serve.